Policing & Security Foundations
Program Duration: 1 year (2 Semesters)
Credentials: New Brunswick Graduate Certificate.
Academic Area: Administration
Campus: Fredericton, NB
Delivery: Full- Time
|Fall 2020||Fredericton, NB|
The Policing & Security Foundations program is designed to emphasize the necessary competencies required, both academically and physically, to be successful in law enforcement and/or professional security fields in Canada.
They are employed by municipal and federal governments and some provincial and regional governments. These skills are applicable to all Police officers (except commissioned) (NOC 4311).
$48,339 - $104,000 per annum.
- Senior secondary or high school (Grade 12) transcripts of graduation credentials, courses studied, and grades earned.
- Transcripts should have Grade 12 Math or Science or Commerce and English Credits.
- The language of instruction at Atlantic Business College is English. In addition to the academic admission requirements, all applicants for whom English is not their first language and/or are coming from countries where English is not an official language, must provide proof of language proficiency.
Applicants must meet ONE of the following criteria to meet Atlantic Business College’s English language Proficiency requirements:
English language Proficiency:
1. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Academic Level with scores at or above the following levels:
|Program Level||Minimum TOEFL Scores|
Diploma and Certificate
550 for paper-based test OR 80 (20L, 20W, 20S, 20R) for internet-based test
2. International English Language Testing (IELTS) Academic with scores at or above the following levels:
|Program Level||Minimum IELTS Scores|
Certificate and Diploma
Overall, 6.0 AND No band below 5.5
3. Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MELAB) with scores at or above:
|Program Level||Minimum MELAB Score|
Certificate and Diploma
Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL) (the online or in-person test) with a score of:
|Program Level||Minimum CAEL Score|
Certificate and Diploma
Overall band score of 60
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Mature student status – Must be 28+ years of age. Detailed resume outlining experience and qualifications must be submitted.
- Criminal Record Check: No criminal record for which a Pardon has not been granted.
- Medical Clearance to participate in vigorous fitness program/testing.
- Minimum 18 years of age; Provincial Licensing requirement 19 years old.
- Community Policing
- Law Enforcement Report Writing
- Introduction to Psychology
- Police Powers and Procedures
- Fitness & Lifestyle Management
- Criminal Investigations
- Criminal Justice
- Principles of Evidence (Forensics)
- Law and Security Administration
- Private Investigation
- Search/Handcuff/Defensive Techniques
- PEACE Interviewing Technique
- Accident Investigation/Measurement/Sketch
- Crisis Intervention for Security Professionals
- Diversity & Indigenous Peoples in Canada
- PARE-Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation – Gym/Core Values
- Restricted Firearm Training
- Non-Restricted Firearm Training
- Rules of the Range/Live Firing
- Harassment in the Workplace
- Defensive Driving Vehicle Operational Theory
- CPR and First Aid Training
Courses and content may change to enhance program quality
TUITION & FEES:
Application Fee: $75.00
Textbooks: $1750.00 (approximately)
Student Protection Fee: $124.95 (1% of tuition)
Uniforms: $1,250.00 plus tax
GYM Membership/PARE: $520.00 plus tax
Firearms Training: $340.00
STUDENT LOAN INFORMATION:
Provincial and Federal student loans are available to qualifying students. For more information on applying for a student loan, New Brunswick residents should contact New Brunswick Student Financial Services at www.studentaid.gnb.ca. If you have not lived in New Brunswick for the past 12 months, or if you are currently living in another province, please contact your provincial Student Financial Aid office.
Atlantic Business College Scholarship
Each year Atlantic Business College provides $1000 tuition reduction scholarships to deserving students attending full-time programs. Students must be graduating from a participating New Brunswick High School in June and attending ABC in September. Scholarships are awarded through high school Guidance Departments.
Gender Equality Scholarship
The Gender Equality Scholarship program is intended to encourage women and men, entering their first year at a New Brunswick college, to seek a non-traditional career where
participation to date by women and men in these fields has been limited. For more information please visit our site at:
This website provides a full range of scholarships available to Canadian residents who are attending post-secondary institutions. The search list can be defined by province, program and various other criteria.
APARTMENT RENTAL INFORMATION :
|Link for apartment rental information:||www.statestreetproperties.ca|
Students may also contact the New Brunswick Rentalsman’s Office.