The Policing & Security Foundations program is designed to emphasize the necessary competencies required, both academically and physically, to be successful in law enforcement and/or professional security fields in Canada.
Students must meet one (1) of the following admission requirements:
- High school graduation or
- GED or equivalent or
- Mature student status – Must be 28+ years of age. Detailed resume outlining experience and qualifications must be submitted.
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Criminal Record Check: No criminal record for which a Pardon has not been granted.
- Medical Clearance to participate in vigorous fitness program/testing.
- Minimum 18 years of age; Provincial Licensing requirement 19 years old.
- Community Policing
- Law Enforcement Report Writing
- Introduction to Psychology
- Police Powers and Procedures
- Fitness & Lifestyle Management
- Criminal Investigations
- Criminal Justice
- Principles of Evidence (Forensics)
- Law and Security Administration
- Private Investigation
- Search/Handcuff/Defensive Techniques
- PEACE Interviewing Technique
- Accident Investigation/Measurement/Sketch
- Crisis Intervention for Security Professionals
- Diversity & Indigenous Peoples in Canada
- PARE-Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation – Gym/Core Values
- Restricted Firearm Training
- Non-Restricted Firearm Training
- Rules of the Range/Live Firing
- Harassment in the Workplace
- Defensive Driving Vehicle Operational Theory
- CPR and First Aid Training
Courses and content may change to enhance program quality
TUITION & FEES:
Enrollment Fee: $300.00 (non-refundable)
Textbooks: $1,700.00 plus tax
Student Fee: $125.00
Uniforms: $1,250.00 plus tax
GYM Membership/PARE: $520.00 plus tax
Firearms Training: $340.00
Student Protection Fee: $105.95 (1% of tuition)
STUDENT LOAN INFORMATION:
Provincial and Federal student loans are available to qualifying students. For more information on applying for a student loan, New Brunswick residents should contact New Brunswick Student Financial Services at www.studentaid.gnb.ca. If you have not lived in New Brunswick for the past 12 months, or if you are currently living in another province, please contact your provincial Student Financial Aid office.
Atlantic Business College Scholarship
Each year Atlantic Business College provides $1000 tuition reduction scholarships to deserving students attending full-time programs. Students must be graduating from a participating New Brunswick High School in June and attending ABC in September. Scholarships are awarded through high school Guidance Departments.
Gender Equality Scholarship
The Gender Equality Scholarship program is intended to encourage women and men, entering their first year at a New Brunswick college, to seek a non-traditional career where
participation to date by women and men in these fields has been limited. For more information please visit our site at:
This website provides a full range of scholarships available to Canadian residents who are attending post-secondary institutions. The search list can be defined by province, program and various other criteria.
APARTMENT RENTAL INFORMATION :
|Link for apartment rental information:||www.statestreetproperties.ca|
Students may also contact the New Brunswick Rentalsman’s Office.