Computer Network Technicians
Computer Network Technicians - 2 Years
The study will teach students to design and implement wireless, local/wide area, and software-defined networks; how to work with and configure open source and proprietary operating systems; and how to work on premises and in the cloud taking the students into the future of IT administration.
Atlantic Business College requires that students enrolled in the Computer Network Technicians Program complete all the courses listed below. To receive a diploma a student must receive a minimum mark of 60 in all courses for year one and year two.
- The Computer Network Technician – Networking program offers a strong focus on hands-on labs and technical problem solving.
- Approachable professors have postgraduate degrees from accredited universities and relevant work experience in their specialty.
- You have access to fully outfitted and modern labs.
- You are prepared to handle the intricacies of internet, intranet, extranet and telecom network challenges that crop up in the real world.
- Graduates are positioned to pursue industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+, Microsoft MTA, MCSA and Cisco CCNA.
- This program has an active Computer Networking Student Society
16 GB RAM minimum
256 GB SSD Hard Drive (500+ GB would be better)
Quad-core i7 2.4GHz or better
Video card (2GB RAM minimum/4GB RAM recommended)
Fredericton, NB Canada
- Red Hat Academy Exam Preparation
- Cisco Certification Preparation
- IT Security: Ethical and Legal Issues
- Security for Cloud and Internet of Things
- Configuring Cisco Devices
- Introduction to Programming Using C
- AS/400 Operations
- IT Project Mgmt. Fundamentals, Tools & Techniques
- Secure Scripting
- Technical Support for Network Administrators
- Technician as an Entrepreneur
- Windows Server Scripting
- Internet of Things
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Microsoft administration
- wireless networks
- software-defined networks
- cloud services
- maintenance and security
- analyze and resolve information technology problems
- system design and installation
- Computer systems technician
- Field service representative
- Network technician
- Network technical support specialist
- Help desk support
- Technical support
- Delve inside computer hardware and learn the intricacies of operating systems
- Explore the most up-to-date computer systems and networks technology
- Learn about computer and network security
- Assemble and maintain systems that will empower users in creative, business and communication activities.
- Applicants must have completed 12th grade with English Credits or Credits on transcripts
- The language of instruction at Atlantic Business College is English. In addition to the academic admission requirements, all applicants for whom English is not their first language and/or are coming from countries where English is not an official language, must provide proof of language proficiency.
- Applicants must meet ONE of the following criteria to meet Atlantic Business College’s English language Proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet based test (IBT) – Overall 80 with the minimum in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.or
- International English Language Testing (IELTS) Academic Level with scores at or above overall average of 6 AND no band below 5.5 or
- (IELTS is not required if the candidate is from an English-speaking country.)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic). Minimum score of 58 with no subject test less than 49 means (49L,49W,49S,49R)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL) (the online or in-person test). Overall band score of 60
- CELPIP: Over all 7 no band below than 6 (6R,6L,6S,6W)
PC Operating Systems
Fundamentals of Computer Networks
Electricity for Computer Systems
College Communications 1
Mathematics for Computer Systems 1
Applied Ethics in Technology and the Environment
Fundamentals of Routing and Switching
Introduction to Unix/Linux
Introduction to Business and ICT
Introduction to Programming
Mathematics for Computer Systems
Windows Server Operating System
Introduction to Telephony
IT Project Management
Scripting for Systems Administration
Global Citizenship: From Social Analysis to Social Action
Statistics for Computer Systems
Virtualization and Cloud Technology
Routing and switching
TUITION & FEES:
We are now accepting applications for international students.