Home Care Attendant
Home Care Attendant-1 Year
Fredericton, NB Canada
1 years (2 semesters)
Graduates are required to possess a skill set of abilities that will enable them to perform their job effectively. These abilities include:
- Overall competency in working under pressure;
- Experience in providing general care and support;
- Knowledge of home care services;
- Proficient in a written communication; and
- Proficient in oral communication.
- family ( Child) caregiver
- home support worker
- live-in caregiver – seniors
- personal aide – home support
- personal care attendant – home care
- High school graduation or
- GED or equivalent or
- Mature student – Detailed resume outlining experience and qualifications must be submitted.
- PSW Foundations
- College English
- Safety and Mobility
- Body Systems
- Assisting with Personal Hygiene
- Abuse and Neglect
- Household Management, Nutrition, and Hydration
- Care Planning / Restorative Care / Documentation / Working in the Community
- Assisting the Family, Growth, and Development
- Assisting the Dying Person
- Assisting with Medications
- Cognitive and Mental Health Issues and Brain Injuries
- Health Conditions
- Canadian System and Work Ethics
- Legal Obligations and Duty to Report
- First Aid – Emergency Advanced Level Certificate
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Incident Management Systems (IMS) – Basic Concepts
- Mitigation and Prevention Strategies
- Rescue and Recovery
- Career Development and Personal Protection
Healthcare & social services
TUITION & FEES:
Textbooks: $1750.00 plus 5% tax
- Minimum mark of 70% in each Module with no evaluation method below 70%.
- Minimum mark of 70% with no critical deficiencies in each of the Skills Performance Demonstrations.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory attendance record by completion of the PSW Attendance Form to be kept in the student’s file. All students must complete the 390 practicum hours. If for any reason time is missed, it must be made up and documented.
- Successful completion of all clinical work placement hours and skills requirements.
- Successful completion of the NACC PSW Final Comprehensive Theory Examination (pass mark 65%).
- Resume that the student intends to use for job search.