Web Designer and Developer - PG Diploma
Web Designer and Developer - PG Diploma - 2 Years
This four-semester- 2 year Post Graduate Diploma program is designed to provide hands-on, comprehensive training for those who desire to work in the field of web-centric business application development. The primary focus of the program is on user-centered design supported by extensive back-end programming and front-end use of graphic design, multimedia, video, animation, and e-commerce applications to facilitate a fully functional website. Students will apply human interface guidelines, standard based structures, and design and development principles to create accessible, usable, and captivating web experiences geared to today’s marketplace.
Fredericton, NB Canada
- Red Hat Academy Exam Preparation
- Cisco Certification Preparation
- IT Security: Ethical and Legal Issues
- Security for Cloud and Internet of Things
- Configuring Cisco Devices
- Introduction to Programming Using C
- AS/400 Operations
- IT Project Mgmt. Fundamentals, Tools & Techniques
- Secure Scripting
- Technical Support for Network Administrators
- Technician as an Entrepreneur
- Windows Server Scripting
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
- Internet of Things
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Microsoft administration
- wireless networks
- software-defined networks
- cloud services
- maintenance and security
- analyze and resolve information technology problems
- system design and installation
Graduates will find full-time and freelance employment as web developers in corporate, small- and medium-sized businesses, government, entertainment, education, health care and the not-for-profit sectors. Graduates will work as web developers creating websites and web services. They may also establish their own freelance businesses.
- Determine the requirements for processing and managing business transactions to provide e-commerce solutions.
- Implement web site solutions based on business requirements and client specifications.
- Create a complete content management system using a database and scripting language to host relevant data and media.
- Develop data-driven web sites for multiple platforms in accordance with best practices, industry standards in content management, security, and accessibility.
- Design and develop web services and utilities using secure and functional interfaces that enable access to stored information.
- Use various information architectures in the design and development of accessible web sites to enhance the user experience.
- Apply project management best practices to design, build and maintain web sites and services.
- Test, troubleshoot and debug web site objectives and functionality to meet internal and external client expectations.
- Collect, interpret and analyze user requirements to produce project documentation for interested stakeholders in alignment with best industry practices and processes.
- Analyze web traffic and user feedback to improve the effectiveness of a company’s online presence.
2 years (4 semesters)
- A two- or three-year diploma or a degree in computer science, information technology, or computer programming or in a related field.
- Experience in a related background, i.e., digital media design, computer
- programming, graphic design would be an asset
- Interest and enthusiasm for today’s newest technologies and strong computer literacy.
- The language of instruction at Atlantic Business College is English. In addition to the academic admission requirements, all applicants for whom English is not their first language and/or who are coming from countries where English is not an official language must provide proof of language proficiency.
- Applicants must meet ONE of the following criteria to meet Atlantic Business College’s English Language Proficiency requirements:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet based test (IBT) – Overall 80 with the minimum in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20. or
- International English Language Testing (IELTS) Academic Level with scores at or above overall average of 6 AND no band below 5.5 or
- (IELTS is not required if the candidate is from an English-speaking country.)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic). Minimum score of 58 with no subject test less than 49 means (49L,49W,49S,49R)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test (CAEL) (the online or in-person test). Overall band score of 60
- CELPIP: Overall 7 no band below than 6(6R,6L,6S,6W)
- Responsive Site Design
- Image Manipulation
- Web Site Security
- Database Design and Maintenance
- Advanced Programming with .NET
- Database Connectivity using Advanced Controls
- Application Development for Android
- Data Visualization
- Strategic Planning for Effective Customer Service
- Designing Effective E-Commerce Sites
- Web Design Capstone
- Analyzing Web Traffic
We are now accepting applications for international students.